Smartphone Medical Photography – Quick Reference Guide
- Use a plain, colourless background, and remove any clothing within the image.
- Turn the camera flash on or take the picture using as much daylight as possible.
- Ensure your smartphone is perpendicular to the subject and the subject is in the centre of the frame.
- Ensure your smartphone is more than 10 cm from the subject.
- Use your smartphone’s rear camera and not the front facing camera.
- Take a minimum of two photographs; an overview demonstrating the lesion location and a close view.