New Patient Registration

If you would like to register as a permanent patient with the practice, please use this form.

To register a new patient you will need to live within our practice boundary.

New Patient Registration

Patient's Details

Title *
Please use this date format: DD/MM/YYYY.
Sex *
Any responses we send will go to this email address.
Can we contact you by email?
Can messages be left on your answerphone?
Can we contact you by text?

Examples of how we will contact you by text - appointment reminders, if you need to contact the surgery, health messages as appropriate. If you wish to opt out at any time, please contact the surgery. If you share your mobile number, then the other person may see messages relating your health.

Previous Details

Please include postcode. If you do not have a previous address or if you are registering a newborn baby then please put 'N/A'.


Do you live within a mile radius of a pharmacy? *
Please confirm if you wish for your prescription to be electronically sent to: *

View more local pharmacies.

By selecting one of the options above you agree to The Market Surgery sending your prescription to the named pharmacy (this will include your name, address, date of birth and medication details).

Please note: for patients who live within a 1 mile radius of a pharmacy, prescriptions cannot be dispensed at The Market Surgery.

For patients living more than a mile from a local pharmacy, your medication will be dispensed from the surgery.


Please specify the ethnic group you consider you belong to:
Do you speak English?
Do you read English?

Next of Kin

Are they a patient at The Market Surgery?
Do you give us permission to discuss your medical records with them?


Do you have any allergies?

If you are from abroad

Registering with the NHS for the first time in the UK
Please use this date format: DD/MM/YYYY.

If you are returning from abroad

Previously been registered with the NHS in the UK
Please use this date format: DD/MM/YYYY.
Please use this date format: DD/MM/YYYY.

Armed Forces

Have you served in the armed forces? (For any period time)

Please can you provide us with any medical records/immunisation status that you have or your medical history release form.

Are you happy for us to code your medical records accordingly?

Supplementary Questions

I am not ordinarily a resident in the UK

Ordinarily Resident

Anybody in England can register with a GP practice and receive free medical care from that practice.

However, if you are not ‘ordinarily resident’ in the UK you may have to pay for NHS treatment outside of the GP practice. Being ordinarily resident broadly means living lawfully in the UK on a properly settled basis for the time being. In most cases, nationals of countries outside the European Economic Area must also have the status of ‘indefinite leave to remain’ in the UK.

Some services, such as diagnostic tests of suspected infectious diseases and any treatment of those diseases are free of charge to all people, while some groups who are not ordinarily resident here are exempt from all treatment charges.

More information on ordinary residence, exemptions and paying for NHS services can be found in the Visitor and Migrant patient leaflet, available from your GP practice. Alternatively for more information go to

You may be asked to provide proof of entitlement in order to receive free NHS treatment outside of the GP practice, otherwise you may be charged for your treatment. Even if you have to pay for a service, you will always be provided with any immediately necessary or urgent treatment, regardless of advance payment.

The information you give on this form will be used to assist in identifying your chargeable status, and may be shared, including with NHS secondary care organisations (e.g. hospitals) and NHS Digital, for the purposes of validation, invoicing and cost recovery. You may be contacted on behalf of the NHS to confirm any details you have provided.

Please select one of the following statements:

I declare that the information I give on this form is correct and complete. I understand that if it is not correct, appropriate
action may be taken against me.

A parent/guardian should complete the form on behalf of a child under 16.

European Economic Area (EEA) Country

For a list of EEA countries visit:
Do you live in another EEA country, or have moved to the UK to study or retire, or live in the UK but work in another EEA member state?
Do you have a non-UK European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) or a Provisional Replacement Certificate (PRC) ?

If you are visiting from another EEA country and do not hold a current EHIC (or Provisional Replacement Certificate (PRC))/S1, you may be billed for the cost of any treatment received outside of the GP practice, including at a hospital.


Please enter the details from your EHIC or PRC below.

S1 Form

Do you have an S1 Form?
Please give your S1 form to the practice staff.

How will your EHIC/PRC/S1 data be used?

By using your EHIC or PRC for NHS treatment costs your EHIC or PRC data and GP appointment data will be shared with NHS secondary care (hospitals) and NHS Digital solely for the purposes of cost recovery. Your clinical data will not be shared in the cost recovery process.

Your EHIC, PRC or S1 information will be shared with The Department for Work and Pensions for the purpose of recovering your NHS costs from your home country.


Do you have a carer?
Are you a carer for someone?
Do you give us permission to discuss your medical record with your carer?

Accessible Information

Do you have any communication needs?
Do you need information in a format other than standard print?
Is there any other communication support we can provide you?